5 brands for 1 objective: promotion
Today we will review 5 brands case study to see how they realized their campaign of advertisement in China and what the intended effect was.
KARMAR advertising company: T-shirt Logo design
They have a very simple design with a catchy slogan: “bright man in a dark place” that refers to the fact that bright people are always looking for enlightenment, while the rest of the world seems dark and devoid of interest
Smart people wear that tee-shirt, have a feeling of belonging to an elite and trendy community
You wear that tee-shirt so :
- You’re smart because you belong to a community revolving around Albert Einstein, one of the most brilliant minds of the 20th century
- You’re trendy because you wear that tee-shirt, with Albert Einstein being funny with this catchy slogan
Marketing to China it's also an Agency
We are the top and most visible Web & Marketing Agency for China you will find on the web. Our Services: E-Commerce, Search Engine Optimization, Advertising, Weibo, WeChat, WeChat Store & PR.Contact us Today
CHINA Suspense Marketing – 3 steps
First step: post a sexy picture on Weibo, and tell people to join the activity, but they didn’t tell people what is it for. People start to become curious about it. Curiosity is a powerful motivation for people in general. As such it will generate a lot of comments and guesses about what this campaign could be all about. See below for the comments
The second step, blog writers start to post comments about the campaign, and the comments lead to even more curiosity from people who want to see what’s inside of the pajamas. After that curiosity state slowly building up an event at a set date is announced where everything will be explained.
The set date increases the general level of curiosity
The event brings a lot of people together because they want to know what this all about. The event brings a lot of people together. It is then revealed that it is an underwear campaign promotion.
The success of this campaign is based on the curiosity generated by the marketing campaign before the event.
Curiosity can be a powerful motivator.
NUOMI fashion brand social PR
- Good Chinese local designer’s women fashion brand uses the idea of offering more jobs for women who live in hard condition. Also, the part of the income goes to charity for children.
- A good way to attract rich people to buy their cloth, especially rich women
- All in all, this plays on the sympathy of the rich people for good causes such as suffering children, people whose living conditions are very hard.
Meters/bonwe－Digging gold from the movie and cartoon industry
MOVIE 《TRANSFORMERS: Using product placement in a blockbuster like the movie Transformers, meters/bonwe use an aggressive way expandend its business
As a complementary way in this marketing campaign, meters/bowe also get some visibility in the cartoon market with cartoon shirts
SHANGHAI TANG- Chinese top brand in New York city photo shoot
- The first native Chinese international brand surprised worldwide that Chinese brand can be such Luxury lifestyle but very Chinese attitude .
- The execution chairman of image brand by using ‘Chinese red’ on Chinese famous model’s outfit (such as high heels, suit and shirt are really show case the brand image
- Their objective, common with other Chinese luxury is to distance themselves from the “made in China”cliché and create a made for China brand name that would symbolise the apex of luxury and prestige.
In conclusion, each of these campaigns played on emotions to be successful : Fun, curiosity, emotions related to the movies the products are placed in, surprise are a few of them used.
Marketing campaigns the most likely to succeed are the one playing with emotions rather than logic.