The top 10 Chinese Internet Companies ranking system is issued each year by the Internet Society of China and the Ministry of Industry and Information since 2013.
This ranking system uses multiple factors such as revenue, profit and human capital, and performance indicators (such as traffic and active users, social influence, growth potential and social responsibility).
Jack Ma’s Alibaba Group Holdings Ltd. comes first on the ranking system for the second year. We will present the 10 different companies, providing relevant details and figures, see the chart below.
Marketing to China it's also an Agency
We are the top and most visible Web & Marketing Agency for China you will find on the web. Our Services: E-Commerce, Search Engine Optimization, Advertising, Weibo, WeChat, WeChat Store & PR.Contact us Today
Top 10 Chinese Internet Companies
- As stated before, Alibaba Group Holding Limited comes first on the list. The leading Chinese ecommerce giant, based in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, provides ecommerce platforms such as Tmall (business-to-consumer) much like Amazon.com, and Taobao (consumer-to-consumer) much like eBay.
- Ranking 2nd, we have Tencent Holdings Limited, based in Shenzhen, Guangdong province. It is a group made of several subsidiaries that provide media, entertainment, internet and mobile phone services, they also operate online advertising services in China. They are most well known for providing instant messenger QQ and web portals QQ.com as well as the mobile chat service WeChat.
- Coming 3rd is the well-known Chinese internet browser (equivalent of Google) Baidu Inc., this company provides a Chinese search engine for websites, audio and image files.
- Ranked 4th, Chinese number 2 online retail platform JD.com, based in Beijing.
- On the 5th rank is the internet security company Qihoo 360 Technology Co., also based in Beijng. This company is mainly known for its internet security antivirus software.
- Ranked 6th comes Sohu Inc., based in Beijing, this company and its subsidiaries offer advertising, a search engine, on-line multiplayer gaming and other services.
- Beijing based internet technology NetEase Inc. is ranked 7th. It develops and operates online PC and mobiles games, advertising services, e-mail services and ecommerce platforms.
- Then in 8th place, we find Ctrip.com International Ltd, based in Shanghai. This company works as a travel agency, providing travel services such as accommodation reservation, transportation ticketing, packaged tours and corporate travel management.
- Ranked 9th comes Vipshop Holdings Ltd, based in Guangzhou, Guangdong province, this group mainly operates an online specialized platform and is listed on the New York stock exchange.
- Closing the top 10 comes Suning Commerce Group Co Ltd. based in Nanjing, Jiangsu province, it operates franchised retailed shops of electronics appliances in China and has an ecommerce online platform Suning.com ranked 3rd behind JD.com (2nd) and Alibaba (1st).