Education in China, Hurun Releases the Top Internationals Schools in China in 2017.
Top International Schools in China – Top 10
|1||YK Pao School||100||Shanghai|
|2||International School of Beijing||98||Beijing|
|3||Dulwich College Beijing||96||Beijing|
|5||Shanghai High School International Division||92||Shanghai|
|6||Shanghai American School||85||Shanghai|
|6||Shanghai World Foreign Language Middle School||85||Shanghai|
|8||Western Academy of Beijing||81||Beijing|
|8||Wellington College International Shanghai||81||Shanghai|
|10||Shenzhen College of International Education||78||Shenzhen
To sum up the Report Shanghai (26) &Beijing (21) make up just under half of the Hurun list, followed by Guangzhou with 11, Shenzhen 8 and Suzhou 5. Schools came from 23 cities in Mainland China.
- 40% are able to recruit International kids holding either Chinese or non-Chinese passports:
- YK Pao School, Keystone Academy, Shanghai World Foreign Language Middle School and Shenzhen College of International Education.
- l 72 of the schools are allowed to recruit Chinese passport holders.
- Dulwich has 4 schools in the Top100, followed by Concordia, Yew Chung and Wellington with two schools each.
Young School :
- The average age of schools is only 10 years.
- The youngest schools on the list are Wycombe Abbey International School, established in 2016, and Vanke Meisha Academy, starting in 2015.
- The oldest is Shanghai American School, established in 1912, then reopened in 1980 after thirty years . “China’s international schools are young, especially compared to the best schools in the UK and the USA, many of which have been around for 100 of years. With market demand for international education, expect to see these estibalishement and their alumni build an international reputation for excellence,
Average annual tuition is about $20,000, rising to $45,000 for the big cities of Shanghai and Beijing. 7
“It is a big cost to put a child through the international education system in China,” explained Hoogewerf.
Hurun , the education platform of Hurun Report Inc., today released the Hurun Education Top International Schools in China 2017, a ranking of the top 100 international schools in China. This is the inaugural year of the list.
Further reading , Tutiuons Fees for Healthy Chinese Kids
Between April and October, Hurun Education asked 110 international education experts in China an unprompted question to recommend up to five schools in each of ‘Greater Shanghai’, ‘Greater Beijing’, Guangdong and ‘Rest of China’. Hurun Education received 942 nominations in total, an average of just under 9 nominations per expert. Half of respondents were school principals and senior teachers with the other half including investors, overseas study agents, training institutions and administrative departments of education.
- 34% came from ‘Shanghai’, including Shanghai, Zhejiang and Jiangsu;
- 33% from ‘Greater Beijing’, including Beijing and Tianjin,
- 33% from the rest of China.
- 24% of respondents were non-Chinese.
- 152 schools received votes. Schools were ranked on an index of 1 to 100,
- the school with the most votes receiving the maximum index of 100. The rankings refer to international schools in Mainland China only.
Hurun Expert ,
“I believe this to be the first serious attempt to rank the international schools in China. This ranking is targeted at parents with kids in China and recruitment Managers of universities from around the world.
This Top Internationals Schools Ranking will help Chinese an westerner parents to have a neutral opinion on which international school is the most Reputable for a child, by providing a competition research of the market from the views of international educational consultants in China.
British Schools are very Popular , this is a reason of English language summary of the full Chinese.
Source Hurun Report.