Marketing to China it's also an Agency
We are the top and most visible Web & Marketing Agency for China you will find on the web. Our Services: E-Commerce, Search Engine Optimization, Advertising, Weibo, WeChat, WeChat Store & PR.Contact us Today
WeChat Official Accounts are accounts used by famous people, governments, media, and firms for cooperation and promotion services. It’s a very important link for you to create a relationship with your customers.
Wechat is today the most efficient app in China to communicate with consumers. That’s why you need to have an official account. Usually The target audiences for these accounts includes individuals, governments, and other businesses.
But, first of all you must to understand how it works and create the appropriate account type for your business This article is here to help you in this approach.
Get A Wechat Official Account
WECHAT : THE DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS
On Wechat, you can create 3 different types of Wechat Official accounts :
- Subscription accounts : allows you to release frequent information to your followers. It’s a good tool for media organizations or bloggers to interact and to communicate with their followers.
- Service accounts : it’s the best media for firms to promote their products and services.
- Corportate accounts : if you want to use it for internal staff.
Subscription accounts and service accounts are mostly used by firms to communicate with followers or future consumers. Corporate accounts is very different og the others, it’s mainly for an internal use in your firm.
You have to select which kind of account is the most appropriated for your business. Its the key to achieve your marketing objectives.
A CHINESE WECHAT ACCOUNT OR A FOREIGN WECHAT ACCOUNT?
If you want to be see by a chinese target, you have to create a chinese Wechat official account.
A chinese Wechat account is registered in China with a chinese phone number (+86). The content is often in chinese, so it’s more accessible to chinese people.
Beside, chinese people have no access to overseas WeChat official accounts.
If you create an overseas Wechat account it will be registered outside of China. You could access to both China and overseas content in English but you won’t be seen by chinese users.
But, for legal reasons, it’s impossible for foreign companies to create a China official account whithout have a Chinese legal entity lika a China Residence ID and a China phone number. To solve this problem, you can form a joint venture with a chinese partner or a WFOE (Wholly Foreign-Own Enterprise), or companies that are part of a Chinese-global conglomerate.
So, you know what you have to do?
HOW TO CREATE YOUR WECHAT OFFICIAL ACCOUNT?
If your business is from one of these countries and regions you can apply for a Wechat official account with an overseas licence and whitout have the other legal requirements. In addition, your contents will be visible by chinese users, even if it’s not a real chinese account.
The autorized countries : Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Russia, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, England, and Italy. (source Wechat )
Pros to use an overseas license :
- You can do Wechat advertising.
- You have a legal account according to chinese rules.
- You are visible by chinese users.
- Your account looks authentic to customers.
Cons to use an overseas license :
- Even if you come from an authorized country, Wechat is quite difficult for foreign companies to create an official account.
- If you have to create a WFOE or a partnership etc it’s often expensive and very long.
- An overseas account is also long to open and can be difficult to manage.
- The process takes 2-3 months to be complete.
- It’s more expensive than any other account application.
If you come from an other country, you need to create a joint venture with a chinese partner or a WFOE (Wholly Foreign-Own Enterprise), or a company that are part of a Chinese-global conglomerate. It will offer you the ability to enter the chinese market.
We call that a association with a third-party chinese company. They can apply for a WeChat China official account for you using their Chinese business license.
Why use a third-party chinese company :
- This application process is very fast : only 7 business days.
- Your account will have your company name, logo, colors, description, you can customize all.
- Very accessible to chinese users.
- At the begining its a good way to have an official account. If your business is doing well, you can start to build a company in China. When all will be in place, you have just to transfer all your followers to the new account.
Cons to use a third-party chinese company :
- You account is linked to the legal entity that created the account, so it’s not really you.
- Your third-party chinese company may be different of yours, so it can be confusing for your customers.
- The third party chinese company is liable of all the content posted on the account.
- You are not allow to do Wechat advertising.
- If you want to do advertising, you have to do it through other means.
REQUIREMENTS TO CREATE A WECHAT OFFICIAL ACCOUNT
First of all, you need to have an overseas license or an chinese business license or your own WFOE to create your Wechat official account and be visible to chinese users.
You can find in the following list, all the requirements you need to create the account :
- Chinese business license
- Chinese bank account of the company to pay for the verification fee and receive the verification code
- Chinese ID of a chinese citizen (Chinese account operator) associated with a WeChat Payment account linked to his/her bank account.
- Display name you want
- Name of the WeChat ID you want
- Email address for the purpose of registration
- Address of your account type: Subscription or Service
- Your business’s short introduction
- Profile picture
- Chinese landline phone number of your company (for verification call from TenCent)
The purpose of WeChat account verification is to prove the information of an official account is genuine which allows users to be certain that an official account is authentic. Users prefer verified account than other because it looks more professional and trust-worthy.
In addition, if your account is verified, you can access to more services :
- Users management
- Users location
- Custom menus
- Direct messaging
- WeChat payments, etc
Creation of a Wechat official account for foreign companies is a little bit complicated. It’s a long and expensive process. If you choose a third-party chinese company it’s also difficult because you need to find a trust-worthy partner and be link by a good contract.
Build your own company in China, is also complicated but it allow you a lot of things.
Advertize on Wechat ?
You need to contact specialists of the chinese market to help you boost your brand in China. Wechat is the best and strong tool for you to build awerness in China, that’s why you need to create an official account. For that, call our agency.
Need a Wechat Agency ?
We are a specialist Wechat Marketing & Advertising Agency based in Shanghai
We understand Marketing & China and the real methods for success in this lucrative market.